Kayliegh Kooks Mushroom Pasta.... Yum!!!

20:01

IMG_20130402_192513Hi guys,

So as I have turned vegetarian I have been on the hunt for tasty recipes to have for dinner and one that I have come across is Mushroom Pasta. However, you do have to love mushrooms to eat it and lucky for me I LOVE them :D An added benefit is that it is quick and simple to make :D



All you need is:


  • 100g Button Mushrooms

  • 1 tbsp of Butter

  • 1 tbsp of White Flour

  • Milk

  • 1 tsp of English Mustard

  • 3 Chive Stems

  • 2 Basil Leaves

  • Spaghetti

  • Salt

  • Black Pepper

  • Parmesan Cheese


  1. Place the spaghetti in a pan with water and salt and cook according to the packet.

  2. Slice your mushrooms and put them into a pan with the butter and some pepper and cover with a lid and allow the mushrooms to cook until soft and they have released all their juices.

  3. Remove the mushrooms from the pan leaving the butter and juices in the pan.

  4. With the pan over a low heat add the flour to the butter and mix well until all bound together and cooked through (here we are making the basis of a basic white sauce, but the packet stuff would do the same thing).

  5. Add milk a little at a time mixing well after each addition until the sauce is going thin and then stop.

  6. Chop your chives and basil leaves finely and add to the sauce and the mustard and mix.

  7. Add salt and pepper to taste.

  8. Add the cooked mushrooms and mix.

  9. When spaghetti is cooked drain off water and wash off any excess starch.

  10. Add the spaghetti to the sauce and heat through.

  11. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and enjoy.



I have fallen in love with this dish it is amazing!!!! Do try if you love mushrooms :) All you mushroom haters out there I will have something for you once I find something that is amazing to eat :) ... I know I can't live on mushrooms forever :)

If you try this let me know what you think of it. Let me know if you loved it and if you hated it tell me why :)

Happy Eating :)

Kaymai

xoxo

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. lovely blog..and am happy that I can read about vegetarian dish as its hard to find different dishes at times being vegetarian myself...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Hope you stick around as the more I experiment in the kitchen (just like my daddy does :)) the more tasty dishes I will come up with and share with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe wouldn't that be nice dear :)

    ReplyDelete