DIY Shorts

13:21

Hi Guys!



So with all the hot weather we have been having I realized that I didn't really have a pair of shorts so I decided to make them and here is how!

All you need:


  • An old pair of jeans
  • Length of Lace
  • Pins
  • Sewing Machine/ or A Needle and Thread.
  • Length of Colored or patterned material
  • A Fabric Measuring Tape





I used an old pair of jeans that were torn to pieces. These were torn just above the knee so it was a god indicator of were I needed to cut. Alternatively you could measure with a measuring tape the desired length.













I then took my chosen material and measured a length long enough to go around the leg of the trouser.














I then sewed the material in place along the edge of the shorts with a sewing machine.

Note: If you do not have a sewing machine you will need to pin the material in place before you start sewing so you have a good straight line.










I then measured out enough of my chosen lace so that it would go around the trousers three times (if you would like a slimmer boarder of lace then only measure enough for once or twice, if you would like a larger lace border measure more).







Then sew this lace into place and you are finished!



You could do these in a range of colors of denim and use a variety of materials to add some flare to the pair of shorts.



Kayliegh
xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments