2013 MTV VMA's ~ Best and Worst Dressed

18:14

So like many people I sat down to the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards the other night to see what everyone chose to wear and as usual some got it really night and others not so much. As always there was a plethora of styles and designers to grace the red carpet and I found it very hard to chose my best dress! However, I did not find it as hard to chose my worst dressed!


Lets start with my worst dressed of the 2013 VMA's.


Worst Dressed MTV VMA 2013



First off I think Erin Wasson got dressed in the dark and mistook her sheer curtain for a dress. Okay yes she did top it off with a Givenchy turban but it makes the outfit look no better. I am really sorry but this is is not acceptable anytime!
Katy Perry is kinda known for her out there style but for me this is too far out there. I am not a fan of animal prints anyway but some I can live with. However, this Emanuel Ungaro skin tight dress does not fall into the 'I can live with it' category.
I can not decide what look I dislike more Miley Cyrus or Lil'Kim. Is it just me or is anyone else wondering what has happened to the sweet Miley Cyrus that we all saw on Hannah Montana??? The 20 year old has seemed to have gone off the rails and left all knowledge of fashion behind her. I am sorry for me there is no explanation for this Dolce & Gabbana outfit except she chose it in the dark with mittens and a blindfold on. 
Finally, Lil'Kim....... What can I say? This outfit speaks for itself really. A skin tight see through body suit? Really?? Again no explanation at all for it......


Okay onto the more positives of the VMA's with my picks for the best dressed!



Best Dressed MTV VMA 2013

I narrowed my choices down to five girls who I think got it really right on the night.
Shailene Woodley ('The Secret Life of the American Teenager' star) put a casual but youthful twist on the night. I love how she dressed in accordance to her age (21years) instead of wearing a gown that would have made her look a lot older than she is.
I love this dress on Ellie Goulding, I think it looks simply fab on her. It fits her perfectly in all the right places and the thigh high split in the dress adds a touch of sex appeal!
Again a touch of youthfulness was injected into the red carpet with Ariana Grande and her Kenley Collins floral dress. I think this looks great on her and again it shows her age and she is not trying to look older than she is.
I am torn between Taylor swift and Naya Rivera of glee as to my ultimate favorite, however I think that Naya is just a little ahead of Taylor.
I love old Hollywood and I think Taylor Swift in this Herve Leger Dress encapsulates Old Hollywood! It is perfect for her shape and her coloring, I think it is perfect for her.
I adore this floor length dress that Naya Rivera wore. It is simple and elegant with a hint of sex appeal with the cut out. A black dress is something that will never go out of style, it will always be elegant and ooze sensuality. She got it on the nose with this dress, for me it is a huge thumbs up!


So as always some got it right and some got it way too wrong but these are only my picks, others may like the ones I don't like. 


So tell me what you think... Do you have a different favorite? Did you dislike some others? You tell me :)

Kayliegh
xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments