I have been practicing contouring and I had made a pictorial and a youtube tutorial on how I do contouring with make up including concealer and highlighter.
There are just a few products you need for this look and they are:
- Catrice Cosmetics Ultimate Moisture Fresh Skin Make Up 010 Light Beige from Pennys €6.00 (Aprox.)
- Sheer Cover Duo Concealer in Light and Medium or any two similar shades of concealer €30.00
- Any Brown Eye Shadow Palette.
- L'Oreal Paris Glam Bronze Trio for Blondes €10.16
- Natural Collection Pressed Powder in Warm €3.09
- Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder 010 Fairy Dust €5.50 (Aprox.)
- Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in Rosey Glow €3.09
- Technic High Lights Liquid Highlighter £2.00
1. The first thing you need to do is apply a layer of your foundation (the listed foundation can be changed for a shade that suits your skin tone).
2.Next take your concealer and apply the lightest shade in a sideways triangle under your eyes and along the bridge of your nose and over your cheek bones. Take the same shade and apply down the bridge of the nose and onto the forehead until you reach the arch of your eyebrow and then curve up and back over to reach the curve of the other eyebrow to create a semi-circle on your forehead and shade it in using the light concealer.
Then take the darker shade and apply under the cheek bone and stop level with the edge of your eye. Again with the darker shade of concealer apply a small amount to the sides of the bridge of the nose (This will make the nose appear slimmer).
3.Take the medium brown eyeshadow on the palette and apply it anywhere you have applied the darker shade of concealer.
4. Using the bronzer and a bronzing brush or a small blush brush apply the bronzer under the cheek bones to the concealer, along the jaw bone and to the hair line.5. Next take the pressed powder and a powder brush, using circular motions blend in all the make up. If you need to go back over all the bronzed areas with more bronzer to emphasize your cheek bones.6. Next take your powder highlighter and with a stippeling brush apply it to the top of the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose and to the semi-circle you made on the forehead with concealer earlier.7. Apply blusher between the bronzer and highlighter.8. Finally complete your make up as usual and apply some liquid highlighter to your cupids bow on your top lip.So they are my contouring tips. Do you contour a different way? If so let me know how you do it :) My YouTube video is now live and in the tutorial I run through hot to do my dramatic velvet lip too so make sure to check it out and let me know what you think, and give the page a wee susbcribe so you can keep up to date with all things Kayliegh Land :)