Liebster Awards

22:45

Hi All!

Well it was a lovely surprise when I saw that Kelly of MonPetiteBlog had nominated me for a Liebster Award. Blogging is just something that I started as a creative outlet for things I was doing on a daily basis and to share my love and to show that you can get the great make up looks and styles on a budget. I never thought people would like what I wrote or my opinions and through this blog my confidence has grown in leaps and bounds and I am no longer afraid to voice my opinions.
The Liebster Award is an award given to an up and coming blogger who has less than 1,000 followers. Liebster is a German word which means kindness, sweetness, loveliest, etc. It is a great way to recognize and encourage new bloggers to keep doing what they are doing. 


My Answers:

1. Fashion or Beauty?

This is a hard question I am a lover of beauty and fashion, I could never choose between them. I love make up, nails, hair and skin care products but I also love fashion, styling and designing just as much. For years I wanted to be a fashion designer while I ran my own little hair and beauty salon. I guess now in a way I do, I have become my families in house beautician and fashion adviser!

2. What is your all time favorite brand?

Well I don't have one brand that I am in love with and stay faithful too. In terms of make up I love the natural collection just because it is good quality make up and it is so budget friendly at no single product going above €3.09. In terms of fashion I am in love with Guess and I have been for years. My parents bought me my first Guess bag as a present for finishing secondary school and I still love it to this day. Since I was 18 I have owned 3 Guess purses and I have loved all of them, when my second purse was stolen on a night out I cried so much I didn't care about getting my bank cards back of my id or money all I wanted was my purse but it was never seen again :(
One day I hope to be able to afford a Louboutin, I know when I have one of those signature bags or heals, I have made it!

3. What is the biggest thing that has happened for you this year?

I think the biggest thing this year is finding out that I am going to be able to graduate from college with my friends. That I will be able to put on that hat and gown and walk up on the stage in the RDS in Novemeber with all my friends and receive my degree and graduate as part of the DBS class of 2013!!

4. Who do you spend most of your time with?

My family. I spend so much time with my mum, we spend a lot of time together watching tv and knitting or shopping and talking, then other time is spent with my dad and sister and mum having dinner or watching a movie or shows.

5. What is your favourite type of music?

I like all types of music. I grew up with all different music. My older sister is 8 years older than me so I grew up with her listening to a lot of 90's pop and dance music so I have always liked that. My did had two different tastes in music. He listened to the likes of Queen and Bon Jovi and rock music but he also would always listen to classical music so I 80's classic bands and classical music. Then my mum loved country music and people like Dolly Parton, Lisa Stansfield, Patsy Clein, Celine Dion and Cher. So I grew up listening to every type of music going so I have developed a really eclectic taste on music and I love that, I will listen to heavy rock to country to dance to classical. I think that my parents really gave me an amazing gift by exposing me to all types of music as I was growing up.

6. Where have you traveled to?

I lived in England for the first 8 years of my life so I go back over there alot to see family.
I have traveled all around Ireland, I was 6 years old at the time but it still counts. 
I have been to Melbourne Australia when I was 10 years old to visit some family and I was there for a month and I can not wait to go back one day.
I have been to Lourdes France twice, once when I was 16 years old and once when I was 17 years old, I am not holy at all but my dad is so I wen to experience the place and it was really nice.
I have been to the Dominican Republic when I was 18 years old and I loved it, it was just such a beautiful place and I will go back there for sure!

7. Texting or Phoning?

I do text a lot just because I find it more convenient as I can talk to my friends or boyfriend when I am spending time with my family or while I am doing something but when I have to I will phone. I mostly call my parents when I need to get in contact with them.

8. If you could pick anything to do tomorrow what would it be?

If I could do anything tomorrow I would probably just have a huge family day with all my family (nan, auntys, cousins, uncles) and just hang out and meet the leinster rugby team!!

9. And who would you take with you?

My whole family.

10. Favourite accent?

I love the Australian accent but I also love my boyfriends Dublin accent too!

11. Favourite Blog and why?

I love Lauren Conrads blog it is always full of tips. She does not just focus on beauty she looks at interior design and cooking and workouts, it is just a really well rounded blog. I love Kandee Johnsons blog too, she always has useful tips and tutorials to help people expand their skills.


Random Facts!!!


  1. Even though I spent three years studying psychology I want to be a nurse!
  2. I am afraid of clowns.
  3. I can not add numbers without using my fingers or a calculator.
  4. I have an obsession with writing on my walls then a few months later paining over the writing then starting again.
  5. I love knitting.
  6. I am afraid of running out of toilet paper (my very weird phobia!)
  7. I am obsessed with my cat.
  8. I have about 40 teddy bears in my room
  9. I love Disney.
  10. I love cuddles
  11. I love cooking and baking.

Bloggers I Have Decided To Tag Are....


Questions I would Like You To Answer....

  1. Why did you start blogging???
  2. Where do you like to shop???
  3. Do you think the more money you pay means it is a better product???
  4. Do you pan out your posts??? If so how???
  5. What magazines do you read the most???
  6. How do you store your products???
  7. How do you take your summer wardrobe to the autumn/winter season???
  8. What are your favourite accessories???
  9. What part of your appearance do you spend the most time and focus on???
  10. Where do you get your inspiration from for your blog posts???
  11. What advice would you give to other bloggers???


The rules of the Liebster Award....

If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:

1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.)

Once you have written your post, and published it, you then have to:

8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

I would like to add that you can nominate someone who already has been given this award, as long as they have less than 1000 followers/subscribers. The idea behind this award is to recognize new bloggers and help promote them! The benefit is that you get from doing this is that you get some promotion, too! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments