Favorite Tanning Products

20:03

Hi guys!

Been a while since I have blogged but I am determined to get back on track with it. Finally 2013 is over and time for a new year and a new start.

This year I am determined to keep a natural glow about my skin as I am tired of blending into my white walls and of my boyfriend having more of a glow to his skin than I do. So I am going to run you through my top tanning products that I have fallen in live with since last January.

I can not speak for others but I always feel slimmer and sexier when I have a tan and it boosts my confidence and I feel so much better about myself!







Asda Self Tan Lotion: I like this one as it gives a natural tan look to the body AND face! I have never really found a tan lotion that develops over a few hours that will look right on my face so when I was out shopping and found this one I was pleasantly surprised with it. I apply this with a tanning mitt (which you can pick up for any good Pennys/Primark store nationwide) and pub in circular motions all over my body and within 2-3 hours I have a nice natural looking tan and it has left my skin feeling soft and suple for 24 hours and the tan will last for days. As it wears off gradually you are not left with blotches as some long wear tan can leave you with . I love to use this if I am heading out for a night on the tiles and I have a few hours to get ready.







Rimmel London Sun Shimmer Instant Tan: This instant tan is great if you don't have long to get ready for a night out but you still feel like you need a nice glow. This is easy to apply with a tanning mitt so you don't leave yourself with brown hands for the rest of the week. A good point of this tan is that it is a wash off tan so you do not have to pend hours in the shower scrubbing away until your skin is red raw. It is also non transferable so you can wear that white outfit that you have been dying to wear and you will not have it covered in tan stains! You can get this at any Rimmel London stockist nationwide including Pennys at a great price!








However the winner of my instant tanning product is................

Cocoa Brown Night & Day Tan Mousse!!!!!

That's right Cocoa Brown Night & Day Tan Mousse, this is the top of my instant tan list. I apply it with a tanning mitt and it gives me great coverage and I feel so good going out knowing I love my tan. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it is not amazing at covering scars but other than that it gives great coverage. This gives you a great deep bronzed look for the night out and when you shower the next morning you are left with a light natural looking tan and it can last anywhere up to 5 days! Best of all it does not have that horrible fake tan smell that you can get off some other tans and it is kind to sensitive skin which is always a bonus. Before I apply this tan I exfoliate and moisturise every day up to when I want to wear this. For the exfoliation part of my routine I use a great product (also by Marissa Carter) Tough Stuff exfoliator which leaves your skin feeling soft and clean. This Tough Stuff leaves you with the perfect surface to apply tan and get nice even coverage.



That's my instant tans but what about when I want to gradually build a tan and maintain it? Well I have two solutions for that problem......



Dove Summer Glow: This is the one I have been using for about a week now and I do really like it. It does exactly what it says it does I have gradually built up a tan that I find so natural and reminds me of when I came home from my holiday in the Dominican Republic a few years ago. I shower/bathe and I exfoliate each time and when I get out I spend time applying this in circular motions and I have found my skin feeling so soft and lush. 










Johnson's Holiday Skin Body Lotion: This like the Dove version guarantees to build a natural tan and that
it does. I used this one to build a gradual tan for my college ball last year and I loved it so much I recommended it to many of my friends. Johnson's Holiday Skin contains avocado and starflower extracts and it has a subtle fresh smell so it does not have that tan after smell. After 3 or 4 days you can expect to see a tan developing and to maintain the tan you just have to keep using it daily.






I love gradual tanning lotions to instant tanners and I try to limit my use of instant ones as I think that a gradual tan looks better on myself than a drastic change in my skin shade. As I said this year I am going to have an all year golden glow while I use both Johnson's and Dove.

What do you think of instant tans? Do you rather gradual tans? What are your chosen brands?

Kayliegh

xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments