Grammy Awards 2014 Red Carpet

18:50

So, another week, another award ceremony. Stars of the music industry took to the red carpet at the staples center last night for the 56th annual Grammy Award ceremony and they went all out when it came to the fashion statements that were made. They strutted their stuff, showed off the A-Z of designers and as usual I have chosen my top looks that I love the most. As I watched the red carpet on E! I found it so hard to pick my top looks but I finally managed to do after watching it about 10 times today and for the first time on Kayliegh Land a male has made it onto the top looks list!!! I know you are all dying to know who so I won't keep you any longer and here are my top looks!!!!!




Madonna in Ralph Lauren 
56th Grammy Awards 2014


Madonna! Where to start??? She still knows how to shock us over and over again that if for sure. I kinda really like this look on her, she has not gone for the long dress and showing of skin, in fact she is almost completely covered! She wore a Ralph Lauren black trouser suit (to match her son!) but it is so feminine with this broad brimmed hat. Many would disagree with me about this look but I do like it as it is so unusual to see something like this on the Grammy red carpet. She is one to take chances!




Ozzy Osbourne 
56th Grammy Awards 2014

Here is it, my first male to make it onto my top red carpet looks! It is not an often occurrence but Ozzy had made it!!! His look was just so effortless and so "I don't really care, I'm a rock legend" it was perfect with all of the Black Sabbath members all in black. Black Sabbath was nominated for 3 awards of Best Metal Performance (They WON!!), Best Rock Album and Best Rock Song. His look was so classic rock star with his signature cross. So, okay I may have a soft spot for Ozzy but come on he is a rock legend and my older man crush......




Katy Perry in Valentino 
56th Grammy Awards 2014

This one took a while to grown on me but the more I saw it the more I liked it. This Valentino suits the singers personality. She was nominated for two awards on the night for Song of The Year (Roar) and Best Pop Solo Performance (Roar). Katy Perry stood out ont he red carpet in this gown with music note detailing (very apt fort he night) and the sheer shoulders and sleeves.




Taylor Swift in Gucci 
56th Grammy Awards 2014
Taylor Swift in Alberta Ferretti
56th Grammy Awards 2014

She tore up the stage with her performance of "All Too Well" from the album Red which was nominated for album of the year (despite being released over a year ago) as well as the fashion competition on the red carpet. This lush Gucci (Above) gown is amazing! It is made out of linked chains and Taylor admitted to Ryan Seacrest that is was so heavy that it could be used as body armor. It is true you sometimes have to suffer for fashion, but girl you looked FAB!!! She looked chic and sophisticated in this stunning number and she looked better than ever. It was so different compared with some of the dresses we have seen her in before as it hugged her perfectly and she looked so mature. All the attention is on this dress as she kept her accessories to a minimum and hair in a polished ponytail. 

However, I love her performance dress too, it was so ethereal and feminine and perfect for her. She looked stunning in the Alberta Ferretti (Right) pre-fall 2013 collection gown. It flowed around her as she played the piano and was perfect for the feel of the song. She looked so natural and stripped back with her hair down during the performance. Both her looks get a huge thumbs up from me!














And finally my top look of the 56th Grammy awards is....... (drum roll please)






Kelly Osbourne!!!!!!






Kelly Osbourne in Badgely Mischka
56th Grammy Awards 2014

Thats right the rock legends daughter Kelly! Over the past few years she really has turned into such a fashionista gaining a place on the E! show Fashion Police with Joan Rivers, Guliana Rancic and George Kotsiopoulas. On the night she went for a dramatic look and she slotted in perfectly with her father and the band at the ceremony. Kelly wore a long sleeved, black, floor length Badgely Mischka gown with detailing with the embellished shoulders. As this dress is so simple she was able to add more accessories than others and she wore Loree Rodkin jewels and Brian Atwood heels. Her make up fitted the over all look perfectly with her bold red lip , slightly winged liner and her dark detailed nails (one even had a Grammy Award painted on it). the one detail of the look that I love and thought was so sweet was her fathers cross that she incorporated into her look. I thought it was so sweet that she was so supportive of her father on the night and it really showed when she spoke to him on the red carpet. She may have had her ups and downs during her teenage years with fashion but now she is on top of all the trends!

So, there we have it the Grmmy awards are over for another year, but don't worry there is still many more red carpets to come this season!

Tell me what were your favorite looks on this carpet? let me know what you think!

Don't forget to enter my birthday giveaway here before I announce the winner on Sunday!

Kayliegh

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments