New York Fashion Week Spring 2014

20:10


So Spring Fashion Week in New York has come and gone again for 2014. Some trends have been carried over from last season to this season. I was impressed with a lot of the pieces that were presented on the cat walk but I do have some personal favorites from the likes of Diane Von Furstenberg, Wes Gordon, Calvin Klein and mark Jacobs (just to name a few).

One trend that is not going anywhere fast is crop tops! Now I don't know about anyone else but for me seeing these on the catwalk makes me feel like I 7 years old again, back in the 90's watching the Spice Girls on tv. Does anyone else get that feeling? Well no matter what my feeling on the is there are here for another season anyway. Three that have stood out to me are from Max Azria, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Narciso Rodriguez. They each take a different approach to the the classic 90's crop top and make it fashionable again.


Max Azria Spring 2014 collection
Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2014 collection
Narciso Rodriguez Spring 2014 collection



Sheer is one I did not expect to see. Some labels went a little too far with the sheer look in my opinion. However, I did manage to find one piece that I did like and it was by Phillip Lim, #Winning! This is such a simple piece with the main focus being on the blue detail where the two materials meet and it is such a versatile piece.



Phillip Lim Spring 2014 collection



White Wide Legged Pants are back on the cat walk too with may designers putting their own spin on the classic trousers. The only problem with wide legged pants is that if you are not a stick figure they can make you look and feel frumpy (speaking from experience). So for all you slim jims out there my choice from the 2014 spring fashion week are the Calvin Klein tailored trousers. There are like nothing I have seen before with the hem of the trousers folded up on the outside which adds a nice detail to the otherwise plain trousers.


Calvin Klein Spring 2014 collection



Monochrome and Graphics don't seem to be going anywhere this season with Diane Von Furstenberg taking full advantage of the face it can be such a classic look and putting a youthful spin on some of the classic looks we see in stores nationwide.Once again she hits the nail on the head with her choice of garments  on the catwalk. These are pieces that I believe will stand the test of time as they are classic clothes that will do you any occasion from a night out to a date and then onto a wedding. I think she has really outdone herself this season with the selection that she has given fashion lovers everywhere. If only I could afford them......


 Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2014 collection
Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2014 collection























Embellishment with beads and bedazzled jewels adds a serious amount of glam to any occasion and Wes Gordon has perfected this dress to a standard that even Serena Van Der Woodsen would apreciate. You could just see her walking into galla ball with a pair of heals, a clutch and her signature pout. This dress gets a big thumbs up from this blogger!


Wes Gordon Spring 2014 Collection




Florals are a trend I am a big fan of. As a matter of fact I have a floral dress in my wardrobe that belonged to my mum in the 80's that I dying to slim down to get into, it just goes to show florals have been around for a long time and will still be here for years to come. This season on the catwalk designers such as Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Betsy Johnson and Oscar De La Renta have all taken advantage of this classic trend. They have each produced pieces that would even get Blair Waldorfs seal of approval.
Michael Kors Spring 2014 Collection
Michael Kors Spring 2014 Collection

Betsy Johnson Spring 2014 Collection
Ralph Lauren Spring 2014 Collection
Oscar De La Renta Spring 2014 Collection




There are a few pieces that I love that don't really fit into a trend but they are just something nice that can you can wear to a meeting or even to work. Work and meeting clothes can be a little boring at times however, designers such as Mark Jacobs, Michael Kors and Rachel Zoe have put some fun and femininity back into the office wear.
Mark by Mark Jacobs Spring 2014 Collection

Michael Kors Spring 2014 Collection

Rachel Zoe Spring 2014 Collection



So they are my pick from New York Spring Fashion Week 2014. There are so many designers and labels to chose from, they all have something different and they all have something that someone will like. I only wish I could afford the amazing pieces I have chosen. 

(All photos are courtesy of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week site)

Have you seen New Your Fashion Week pictures yet? Were  you there? Tell me your picks and your thoughts on mine :)

Kayliegh

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments