Basic At Home Facial

12:30





Facials are great but they can be expensive and blow the budget some months. As many know I pride myself on beauty on a budget so I do many at home facials. I will give myself a facial about once a week to help keep my skin in good condition and no matter what skin type you have you can all do a basic facial at home! I have combination skin where some areas will be very dry and then other areas will be greasy, which is a real pain at times. So I am sharing how I would do a basic at home facial in 5 easy steps....





1. Cleanse the Skin
Wash your face, neck and ears with a good face cleanser to remove any dirt that has gathered on your face over the day. I use the Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion. I love this as it leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh after I use it. 

Don't forget to remove any eye make up with eye make up remover. Simple do a really good eye make up remover but at the moment I am using the Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Make Up Remover Gel. 







2. Exfoliate
Use a gentle exfoliation facial scrub in circular motions and depending on your skin type focus on different areas of the face. Concentrate on the nose and forehead or if you have combination skin focus on the areas that are usually oily. Make sure you rinse your face well as you do not want any of the exfoliation beads clogging up your pores! The facial scrub that I use is the Simple Spotless Skin range. It keeps break out at bay and fight any current spots to kill the bacteria. 









3. Steam
There are many ways to steam your face but I like to use the old fashioned pot and towel method. You simply put boiling water into a mixing bowl and put it on a table that you can bend over and still have 10 inches between your face and the bowl. Then simply put a large towel over your head and the bowl to make a tent so the steam staying in.Close your eyes and relax for 10 minutes to increase the blood flow to your face. 
*** DO NOT HAVE YOUR FACE ANY CLOSER THAN 10 INCHES! YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE LEFT WITH STEAM BURNS ON YOUR FACE! ADJUST THE DISTANCE TO SUIT YOU***





4. Apply A Mask

There are so many different types of face masks out there and it is hard to know what one is the best for you at times. There is so many different makes, different ingredients, and reasons for them it is hard to choose one. I have to say I have all different types of face masks, I am a it of a face mask junkie! However, the general rule is that for Oily skin you need a clay based mask and for dry skin you need a hydrating gel mask or a cream mask. There are two main masks that I use the most recently are the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Peel Off Mask (gel formula) and the Mudd Original Mask (Clay formula). Like I said there are so many out there that you can choose it is just a case of trying them until you find the one that suits you the best.




5. Moisturize
Choosing the right moisturiser for your skin type is so important. Again there are so many different types and makes out there it is hard to know really. One make that I believe you can not go wrong with is the Simple skin care range. I use this Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. In the cosmetic stores there are always assistants who are more than willing to help you figure out what one you need so take the time and find the one that is perfect for your skin. It is important that you get a facial moisturiser  as you need to remember that the skin on your face and the rest of your body are very different! So please please please pick the right on for you.







After a facial I love how clean and pure my face feels. There is nothing more relaxing than a girly night with a long hot bath and a facial. It is important to make time for yourself to relax as so many factors can effect the condition of your skin. Things such as the weather, your menstrual cycle. your cleansing routine, contraception (eg. the pill), and your diet. A lot of factors you can not control so your skin needs you to help it in the elements that you can.


So there you have it my basic facial that anyone can do. 
Do you have a facial routine of your own?
Let me know :)

Kayliegh

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive