Food Friday! ~ Gingerbread

11:00

As many of my friends and family know I bake when I am bored or when something is bothering me or when I am sad, it tends to cheer me up for some reason. I was bored the other day and I decided to make some gingerbread and it was AMAZING! It was so good I immediately thought "I have to share this with my readers!" So here is the recipe that cheered me up!

Ingredients:

156g/5.5oz Butter
175g/6oz Soft Brown Sugar
2 tbsp black treacle (molasses)
225g/8oz Self-Raising Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda (Bicarbonate of soda)
2 tsp Ground Ginger
150ml Milk
1 Egg, Beaten


Makes 12 bars or 25 bite sized treats.




1. Preheat the oven to 170 or gas mark 3.
2. Grease a 9 inch square tin and line with grease proof paper.
3. Melt the butter, sugar and treacle in a pan over a low heat and leave the mixture cool.
4. Sieve the flour, baking soda and ginger into a mixing bowl.
5. Stir in the milk, beaten egg and cooled butter mix.
6. Gently mix it all together and pour into the prepared tin.
7. Put in the oven for 30-35 mins until you can put a fine skewer in the cake and it cones out clean.
8. Leave the cake to cool in the tin and then turn out and cut into 12 bars or 25 small squares for bite sized treats. 

This cake is so moist and moreish that you can find yourself craving it! I would go as far as to say it is as good if not better than the one you buy! If you are someone who loves the taste of ginger you could even add 25g/1oz of Stem Candied Ginger finely chopped, or add some extra ground ginger. 

I love baking and creating a lovely dish or desert from nothing and this is one of those deserts. I hope you have as much fun making them and eating them as I did! Let me know how yours turn out :)

Kayliegh

xoxo


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive