Song Of The Day!!

14:17

So I have decided to start a new segment on Kayliegh Land all about my song of the day. I was reading my fellow Irish Beauty Bloggers blogs yesterday and it popped into my head, I can't remember which blog it was I was reading as I read so many posts. I do think it is a good idea as music is a big part of my life and it has got me through some pretty tough times. I don't really fit into one category with music I like every type of music that is out there from rock to classical to country to pop, you name it I like it!

My first song of the day is one that means a lot to me, not because it reminds me of a guy or anything, but because it has so many good memories attached to it. It is an oldie but a goodie! 

Of course it is the one, the only Meat Loaf with "I'd Do Anything For Love"!!!!  I have been lucky enough to see Meat Loaf in concert twice in my life, The Hair Of The Dog Tour in 2005 with my parents for my birthday and again in 2013 for his final farewell tour with my cousin. My cousin said Meat Loaf is doing a farewell tour we have to go and a day later we had out tickets booked!


I can not remember the first memory of this song but my parents tell me that I have walked around the house since I was like 3 year old singing this, kinda impressive for a 3 year old if you as me! Another memory is one of me and my cousin at Christmas one year when we were really young. He got a toy microphone and guitar from santa and we were in the corner of the room singing this song like we were rock stars! There is a video of that floating around in our uncles house and it would be one of the most embarrassing but the most cute things if it was ever released into the wrong hands.  


The song was composed and written by Jim Steinman and recorded by Meat Loaf with Lorraine Crosby (AKA. Mrs. Loud) as the female vocalist but with Patti Russo preforming the vocals on live performances. This became Meat Loaf's first No.1 single on the Billboard Hot 100 and it reached no.1 in 28 countries including England. It was the best selling single of 1993 and earned Meat Loaf a Grammy for best rock vocal performance (solo) in 1994. It is the first song on his second Bat out of hell album "Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell".

There has always been confusion over what "That" is that he will not do for love. In each verse he mentions three things, two of which he would do and one he wouldnt:

"I'd run right into hell and back.....
I'd never lie to you and that's a fact
But I will never forget the way you feel right now...."

"That" refers to the thing in the verse that he will not do. The original length of this song was 12 minutes but Steinman was told if he wanted it to be played on the radio then he had to cut it down, so he cut it down to 5 minutes 25 seconds for the single but he still sent the full version into the radio stations. To truly appreciate the work and talent that went into this song you have to listen to the album version and I totally recommend it! 

So that is my first song of the day! What do you think of it? Are you a Meat Loaf fan?

Kayliegh

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive