#SOTD ~ Bon Jovi "Who Says You Can't Go Home"

10:30


Song of the day I hear you say? Who else could it be but the legendary Bon Jovi!!!! The track is "Who Says You Can't Go Home".




This song was written for their ninth studio album "Have a Nice Day" which was released in 2005 and was released as the third single from the album in June 2006. The single reached number six in the UK making it the second top ten single from the album for the band. The video features Habitat For Humanity volunteers building houses for low income families and also members of the Philadelphia Soul Arena Football team which is part owned by Jon Bon Jovi. There was a country version released with Jennifer Nettles which reached number one in the country charts. This song won Bon Jovi a Grammy for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals in 2007.

This is such a nice song it has such a good message that no matter where you are or where you go in life you can still go back to that place you call home and you will welcomed with open arms from the people that love you.  This song picks me up when I am thinking of my family in England and I am missing them it reminds me that I can always go back to them, they have not left me and they are still there for me no matter what. 

I was lucky enough to hear this played live in Slane Castle last summer when they toured. I have always wanted to see Bon Jovi live and thanks to my amazing boyfriend I finally go to. The atmosphere they create in unreal you really have to experience it to understand it. When me and my boyfriend went it was the middle of the Irish summer so as everyone knows that means rain season. The weather was surprisingly good for the concert it rained a few times but Bon Jovi did not let the rain dampen the mood and they gave everything that had to give and they put on an amazing show. For those of you out there that have not gotten the chance to see them live in concert I recommend that you see them. Plus, Jon Bon Jovi is just one of those guys that will never become unattractive, he is now and forever will be a babe!!!!


What do you think of Bon Jovi? What is your favorite song? 
Let me know :)

Kayliegh

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive