Styling ~ Monochrome

12:00

  Black and white are two colors that will never not go together, it is a trend that has been round since the beginning of fashion and it will be here till the end. These colors are so neutral that you can pair anything with them. Today I am focusing on the Monochrome trend that is still major this season. I was browsing the asos website and I came across some items that I just had to pair together.


Monochrome
Dress~ €210.33 // Shoes ~ €105.17 // Bag ~ €63.10
Hat ~ €25.24 // Ring ~ €11.22 // Lipstick ~ €19.00

  As soon as I saw this Arrogant Cat Skater dress I loved it! I think it is so cute with the sheer top, collar and cuffs. I love the effort with the little detailing like the sheer top with the sweetheart neckline at the bust and the embellishment at the collar ends. I have been in love with skater dresses for a long time now I think this one oozes innocence with the right level of sexy.

  To go with the monochrome look I chose a pair of River Island Peep Toe Platform shoes. I love how these are not the traditional peep toe shoes, they are more like a reverse with the exposed ankle with the straps. They are a 6" heel but there is a big hidden platform so there is not too much of an incline so they would be rather comfortable for a night out dancing.

  I am keeping all the accessories black with this Aldo Jeweled Box Clutch and this ASOS Felt Boater Hat and this beautiful ASOS Filigree Ring.

  As for hair I would lightly curl the hair with either a wand or a large barreled curling iron so you are left with loose curls. For make up I would keep it all really natural. Just a light coat of foundation over your contouring to you have a nice base to work with and on the eyes use the Urban Decay Basics pallet with black eye liner and a few coats of volumizing mascara. I would go really dramatic on the lips with a deep red lipstick like MAC in sheer plum or cyber or even my favorite lipstick at the moment the Seventeen Supreme Shine in rich.

I am such a fan of the monochrome trend, it is just so classic, effective and easy to pull off.

What do you think of the monochrome trend? How would you style this dress? What do you think of my styling?

Kayliegh

xoxo


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive