Watched It Wednesday: Jurassic World

07:30


Jurassic World..... What can I say? I think everyone knew that this film could go one of two ways. It would either be better than Jurassic Park or it would be craptastic! For me? It was the latter. Growing up I loved the Jurassic Park films, I mean come on an island full of extinct dinosaurs and of course the late Richard Attenborough. The films were new and exciting and something that was never truly seen before, they truly are timeless classics.

I was very hesitant about watching Jurassic World because I was afraid that if it was bad it would ruin Jurassic Park for me, luckily for me it was so bad that Jurassic Park looks even better than it ever has. Yes they have all the new fancy special effects that they did not have back in the 90's, but I would much rather see the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park than Jurassic World. The Jurassic Park ones looked much more real then the new digital ones.

With the story line of a new park built on the grounds of the original park, a genetically enhanced (basically a made up dinosaur)  escapes and causes havoc along with other ones, the main character Owen (plays by Chris Pratt) must save everyone on the island. Please? It is basically the same story line as Jurassic Park but with more people!

For this blogger Jurassic World did not hold a candle to Jurassic Park! To be honest yeah you could put it on your tv while you are knitting or on your laptop but in my opinion it is not worth sitting down and wasting 2 hours of your life on. The best thing in my opinion was the beginning of the credits with the Jurassic Park These tune.

This theme tune is so nostalgia fueling (and possibly one of the best pieces of music ever!!!) that once I heard it I had to put on Jurassic Park. I can remember the first time I saw Jurassic Park and to me that is the mark of a great film. The sad thing is that I will not remember the first time I watched Jurassic World in years to come.

Over all this blogger gives Jurassic World a very sad 4/10. It was nothing special and I wish I could get those 2 hours back but I never will.

If you disagree with me, let me know what you think by commenting down below or take it up with me on twitter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments