Happy Birthday To Me... What I have learned this year.

07:30

So today is my 25th birthday! I know I am getting on a bit, soon enough I will be getting my bus pass. Okay that last one was a bit of an exaggeration but I am getting old! Over this past year I have learned a lot of things. Some if them I have known for a while but I really understand after this year, along with some new things that I have had to come to terms with. Some of the lessons have been hard to learn but they are valuable ones!

Things Won't Always Go The ways You Planned. You can make all the plans you want and have expectations of what is going to happen but unfortunately things will not always go the way you want them to. This is the sucky part of growing up!



It's Okay To Have Bad Days. It is perfectly fine to have those days where you don't feel like you can get out of bed or get dresses. It is fine to have those days where you lay on the sofa with a bucket of ice cream and watch sad movies all day because you need a good cry. As women our hormones go wild whenever they want to and sometimes the only way to handle them is some Ben & Jerry's and the catalog of Nicholas Sparks films.



Learn To Let People In. This one can be super hard when you have built walls so high that even Hagrid can not see over them. I have learned this year that when I let people see the real me it can be really worth it.


I Am More Than Just Hair And Make Up. I used to hide behind my make up and my hair and this year I have found out that I am so much more than it. I have stopped using it as a mask and a way to act like I am a happy bunny all the time.



You Can't Always Please Everyone. Sometimes you just can't win!



It's Never Too Late To Repair A Relationship. You never know how long you have on this earth and your relationships with friends and family are the most important things in the world! It is never too late to repair a relationship that you thought was broke forever!



I Am Smarter Than I Give Myself Credit For. I have always made myself appear less smart than I am. This year I started to show that I am smart and I am proud of it, I think I have shocked a lot of people.


It's Okay To Not Have Everything Together. I am so far from having everything in my life together it is crazy and this year I realized that it is okay to not have everything figured out. I don't know where I am going to be this time next year and that is okay not knowing is half the fun.



It's Okay To Not Tolerate Crap From People. I have learned this year that it is much better to call someone out on their crap than to be a door mat. For so long I just took the crap people threw at me and I never voiced my opinion but this year that changed. This year I have stood my ground and stood up for what I think is right and I have refused to be a door mat. I have been much happier since I started standing up for myself and I think people finally give me the respect I deserve.



Don't Change For Anyone. I used to be the person everyone wanted me to be but no more. I will not change for anyone anymore, if they don't like who I am then they can just move on and leave me alone. I have been through a lot in my life and it has made me a stronger person so I am showing that a lot more and taking no crap!



You Can't Be Perfect All The Time. I have always focused on trying to be perfect in every aspect of my life but I have realized that it is impossible. It is okay to mess up sometimes, if we never messed up how would we learn. I am not perfect and I don't have to be because the people in my life will love me no matter what.



Sometimes You Need To Remove People From Your Life. This kinda speaks for myself. Sometimes we have those people in our lives that are just toxic and just have you around to make them feel better about themselves. No one needs those people in their lives so just say 'Goodbye!'

You Might Also Like

0 comments