2015 Favorites: Make Up

07:30

So it is a new year so it is time to round up my favorite make up products of the past year. I was just going to do a general yearly favorites post but then I realized that would be too long so I have had to break it down to different categories. First up Make Up! Every girls heaven!!!!


No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation


I have raved about this foundation so much you are probably sick and tired of hearing about it but I do truly love it! It is a full coverage foundation so it is great for hiding any blemishes or redness that you want to keep tucked away as you little secret. This is perfect for anyone who has oily skin like I do as it keeps you looking matte for most of the day without having to pile on the translucent powder or reapply it constantly. It retails for €18.50 in all Boots stores and it lasts forever as you only need a little bit for application. This has been slowly tuning into my holy grail of foundation. 



Urban Decay Naked 3


I got the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette last Christmas from my boyfriend and I have been in love with it all year. I would say 99% of my looks when I was going out was created with his palette. Some people may look at the price tag and think that €46.00 is a lot to spend on some eye shadow but I think it is well worth the money when the shadows are as pigmented as these are. You can create so many looks with the shades in the palette from barely there to dramatic and vampy! If you are not one to pay a fortune for this palette you can get very similar shades in the W7 In The Nude palette and that retails for about €10.00.


Soap and Glory Super Cat Eyeliner


Again this is a purchase that was made the year before last but has been repurchased enough times for it to become my holy grail eyeliner pen. For so long before I got this pen I was so disappointed with liner felt tip pens but this changed my world! this comes every where with me, one time I forgot to put it in my make up bag and I was in a panic as to how I was going to do my winged liner, it was a disaster! Unlike most liner pens this dries quiet matte and does not have that sine to it which I quiet like as I would usually have to put black eye shadow over it to take that shine away. Retailing at €8.50 in Boots stores this is a must have for me!


L'Oreal Paris Million Lashes So Couture Mascara


This past year my Benefit They're Real was knocked off its pedestal and was replaced with this L'Oreal Paris Million Lashes So Couture mascara. My mother got me it for the Christmas before and it has made itself at home in my holy grail category! I never thought that anything could beat Benefit but this has and it is only like half the price. With a price tag of €14.99 in Boots it is a product that is repurchased when ever I run out!

Sleek Face Form

This year this has come everywhere with me. I guess that is because it has a bronzer for contouring, a highlighter for highlighting and a blush all in one handy little case. I got this when I went to the Sleek Ireland launch early last year and I fell in love with it. You can get this in different shades for different skin tones and each one looks fabulous. When you consider that you are getting basically three products for €13.49 it is a very reasonable price tag.

Urban Decay All Nighter setting Spray

This is another product that is in my holy grail kit! I have always hated when you are out in a hot bar or club and your make up starts sweating off and you look like Alice Cooper or someone from Kiss, but this product stops that happening. It is simple to use, you just apply your make up and spritz some of the spray over your face and you are set for the night. You can get two different size bottles of this a travel size 30ml for €12.00 (which I have, it lasts forever!) and a full 118ml for €29.00. As this product lasts so long I believe that it is great value for money and you don't have to worry about your make up coming off while you are having a good time.

Eylure Girls Aloud Lengthening Lashes Cheryl

Over the past 18 months or so I have become obsessed with lashes. I was never one who used lashes until I tried these Cheryl ones and now I use them every time I go out for a night with my friends or date night with the boyfriend. I feel like can make your eyes look so sensual and come hither looking, and if you are going to make an effort with your eye make up then you may as well add some lashes to top it off. I like other lashes but these are the ones that I have multiple boxes of in my draws! Retailing for €6.59 and looking quiet natural and not over the top as well as being reusable they are great value.

MAC Velvet Teddy Matte Lipstick and Spice Lip Liner

This is a combo that I am obsessed with! I am a girl that loves either really dramatic lip colours like dark berries and red or nude colours. Velvet Teddy and Spice is my ultimate when it comes to nude lips. I love it because you can wear it with any look. You can wear it with a really dramatic eye look or you can wear it with barely there make up. The texture of the lipstick is so creamy and looks lovely on the lips giving a very natural lip look as it is not shiny. Spice lip liner is the perfect accompaniment to this colour as it can help give the illusion of fuller lips without any nasty injections. The lipstick retails for around the €20.00 mark and the lip liner costs bout €17.00 but it is a big pencil so it will last you quiet a long time. This combo is a staple in my make up case or handbag because it is so versatile and feels so luxurious! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments