I have written a post or recorded a video about my essentials when traveling away for the weekend before but that was a while ago (when I was blonde so its a few years ago) so I think it is in need for an update! As I have mentioned before I go back and forth to England a lot to see my family and as the flights are great prices with Ryanair (this is not a sponsored post in anyway, their flights are just really cheep!) I do this as much as I can. So this post is all about tips and tricks I have learned over the may years of flying, some may be common sense but you never know what you might pick up.
3. Wear easy shoes! This bothers me so much in the airport. There is nothing worse than being stuck behind someone who can't get their shoes off easily, the security is stressful enough without having to mess with shoes. I would always advise to wear shoes you can just slip on and off very simply to make everyone life so much easier!
4. Have all your liquids in a plastic bag. Always have this sorted before you even leave the house, and have the plastic bag in your handbag or the top of the hand luggage! I think we have all been stuck behind someone who is not prepared for the security check before, and they are usually the one that is struggling with their shoes too! And people please, make sure they are all UNDER 100ml!!!!!
5. Parents, keep the kiddies under control please. I understand for children that flying is a big deal for them, but the last thing I want when I am minding my own business is to be hit in the shins and have my feet ran over with their bags. Thank you :)
6. Take some Kalms. This is more for anyone who has any sort of anxiety. I have found that the airport just makes everything a million times more stressful, so I like to take a few Kalms before I go to the airport to help with the anxiety I have. You can get Kalms in any good pharmacy and Boots stores.
7. Have two sets of the boarding passes printed off. This is actually as tip I picked up from my mother. You can have one set for getting through the gates at the security and one for getting on the plane. This way if you go to the duty free to buy something and you forget to pick up the ticket then you don't have to panic because you have another set of them! (This can also help with any ticket anxiety you may have)
8. Go to your gate early. This is mainly for any of you flying with Ryanair from Dublin airport because, well, we all know you have like a 5 mile walk. Okay not literally a 5 mile walk, but you know it's a long walk, and they almost always go from the same gates. This is also so you can sit down and relax before you have to get on a plane filled with a bunch of other people.
9. If they offer to take your hand luggage for free, do it. A lot of airlines have not started to say they can only guarantee the first so many bags in the cabin, so they may offer to take your bag and put it in the hold for free. I say give it to them, unless it is a back pack or something of course. I hate having to lift my bag in and out of the over head compartment and carrying it up and down the stairs, so if they offer, I do it, Yes it mean you have to wait a few mins at the other end to get it, but if it means you don't have to struggle with the bag then why not?
10. Just relax. When at the airport there is so much that is out of your control, whether it be delays, crowds, or even that annoying person in the security line before you, it is all out of your control you just have to remember to relax and wish they are not on your flight hahaha Again Kalms come in really handy!
Have you any tips for the airport? Let me know :)